Saturday, October 4, 2014

Custom Door Mat

I have an adorable door mat for our front door.  It's big, it's bright and it works perfectly in the space.  Did I mention that the "bright" is turquoise and lime green?  Not exactly good for fall.  So, I have been on the hunt for a door mat that A) will fit our space and B) is not tacky.

No such luck.  So, I found a plain one on Amazon and decided to make it more our style with a little masking tape and spray paint.


Step 1: Decide on design and tape it out.  Be sure to pick a measurement that is evenly divided by the overall size of the mat.





Step 2: Spray paint over the taped design.  My project required two coats.  Be sure you don't use too much spray paint at one time, it might bleed on the mat and ruin the design.



Step 3: After your paint is fully dry, carefully remove the tape and voila!  A new, custom made door mat. 



No comments:

Post a Comment