Tuesday, October 7, 2014

DIY Hostess Gift

It may be 2014, but I still heartily believe in hostess gifts.  What better way to let someone know their invitation and efforts are appreciated?  So, I always try to make it a practice to bring something when we are invited to dinner or a party.  We're headed to dinner at the home of my husband's colleague, so I took a few minutes over the weekend to make a gift that I think will work perfectly for fall.


Step 1: Cut a hole slightly smaller than the top of the potted plant.

Step 2: Scoop out all the pumpkin guts.  Do they have a name other than pumpkin guts?



Step 3: After cleaning out your pumpkin, add the potted plant into the hole.  You may have to break up the roots a little bit to get it to fit.  Don't worry, it will be fine!



Step 4: Water very lightly (excess water will lead to mold), and you're already done.


I love this project because it is super quick and easy, but it shows thoughtfulness and effort.  A lovely way to thank your host.

Happy fall, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment