Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Minnie Mouse 2nd Birthday

This month, my darling girl turned 2!  I can't even believe it.  Her party theme was "Minnie Mouse".  There is something so sweet about letting her be little.  I love choosing a theme that captures the joy of being a child.  After it was all said and done, we had such a blast and felt so blessed by all the family that joined us to celebrate!

Fun pink drinks, courtesy of my sister.


Party favors for cousins - age specific for kids 0-9 years old.


Some fun Minnie Mouse Oreo cookies.


Dessert table.  Found this amazing cake topper on Etsy.  You can find more fun creations from
Les Pop Sweets here.








Polka dot table runners made by my mom.  
Found the fabric at JoAnn's at 40% off thanks to a coupon.





Tips and tricks from our Minnie Mouse party:

1.) Balloons, balloons, balloons!  Balloons are such a great, inexpensive way to frame a party and make a theme feel more complete.  We purchased balloons from amazon.com and displaycostume.com.  My parents own a helium tank, so they were gracious enough to let us use it for the party.

2.) Carry the theme throughout.  Our theme was Minnie Mouse, and we were able to incorporate that theme throughout each element with polka dots and bows.  The tables, buffet, railing, and dessert table all blended together really well.

3.) Keep your budget in line with your event.  It would be absurd for us to spend a fortune on a 2nd birthday party.  It's a kids party, not a wedding.  While I don't have exact figures, I kept the budget under control by doing most of the work myself and planning ahead.  Example:  Purchasing cupcakes for a party costs at least $30 for 24 cupcakes (up to $80+)!  Making your own cupcakes costs about $6 for 24 cupcakes.  And, since I knew time would be tight in the days leading up to the party, I baked them a month in advance and froze them.  I added the frosting about two hours before the party, and no one was the wiser.


No comments:

Post a Comment