Monday, December 1, 2014

Christmas Tablescape - Part 1

Happy December to you!  In Seattle, we got a fun sneak peek at winter, with a TINY snowfall on Saturday.  I love snow more than almost anything, so I woke up my 2-year-old and we marveled at the pretty white dusting before suiting up to play outside.  She is happy in any weather, so she willingly obliged my inner child.  It was a blast!

The beautiful snow also helped to get me in the mood for the holiday season.  In our family, Christmas is like a marathon event.  We celebrate on the 23rd with my immediate family, on the 24th with my extended family, on the 25th with my husband's family, and we wrap it all up with a day full of soccer and snacks on the 26th (my husband is a big English football fan, so Boxing Day is a sacred day for him ;) ).  It's busy, but we love it.

We have the opportunity to host my family on the 23rd, and it is something I love.  Every year I look forward to planning my table decorations, and try to come up with something new and creative each year.  Over the next couple of weeks, I'll be sharing tablescapes from the past few years to give a little inspiration if you find yourself hosting any holiday dinner parties this month.











The vases are my favorite part of this table setting.  I ordered some vintage Christmas carol sheet music online, trimmed the music to size, and wrapped the vases with the music.  It was a one-time-use thing, but I loved the way they turned out.  My mom borrowed the arrangements the next day for her Christmas dinner, so they got some good use.

I'm still brainstorming this year's table, and I'm so excited to share more ideas with you!



2 comments:

  1. Obsessed with this... I might need to share this on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! Feel free to share on http://champagneandshimmer.com/ any time!

      Delete