Monday, December 15, 2014

Happy {Fancy} Holiday to You!

I love holiday parties and I usually end up buying a new "Christmas dress" each year, whether I need one or not.  It's just one of those traditions from childhood that stuck.  I loved my dress from last year so I knew this year I wanted to go in a totally different direction.  Below are both looks, both under $250 each (not including last year's shoes).  I hope that you may get some fun ideas (or score great deals) for your holiday parties!

Last year's attire:


What I'm wearing:

Dress: Marshalls (yes, Marshalls!  It was kind of expensive for that type of store, but I found it later on a super expensive department store's website so it turns out it was a GREAT deal!)
Belt: H&M last season.
Hoisery: Back seam hoisery from Nordstrom, still available in store this year.
Shoes: Nine West from Nordstrom several years ago.
Headband:  DIY - all it took was a plastic headband from target, some ribbon and some hot glue.


This year's attire:


What I'm wearing:

Dress: Banana Republic - I happened to be in the store on a day when all dresses were 50% off, so it was another awesome find.
Hoisery: Black dots from Nordstrom.
Shoes: Target!  Another fun find at a great price.  I've been getting tons of compliments on these little treasures and they are decently comfortable.  Totally recommend giving them a try!  (They even have a zipper on the back!)
Headband: BP at Nordstrom, available in several colors.

Both these photos are from our friends' annual Christmas party.  My dear friend Sarah is an AMAZING cook, and her husband makes the most fun trivia.  We look forward to it every year!

No comments:

Post a Comment