Thursday, February 5, 2015

DIY Art Print for Valentine's Day

This next project is so simple it feels a little bit silly to blog about.  Have you ever seen those cute art prints commemorating families' milestone moments?  I think they're super cute, but I've never put the time in to finding one I like, ordering it, framing it, yada yada yada.

So, instead of spending money and waiting for one to arrive, I thought I would take a swing at making my own -- with Word.  I know, so crazy.  But it worked, and I think it turned out pretty cute.  Below is the easiest tutorial you will see on the internet today :)

Step 1:
Open word and start a new document, with narrow margins (0.5" all the way around):


Step 2:
Select a large block font that you like (I used Engravers MT), and add your "first date" date:


Step 3:
Next, choose a script or fancy font that you like for the description:


Step 4:
Insert a heart.  I chose red, you can chose any color you like or that works well with your decor.



Step 5:
Repeat steps 2, 3, and 4 for your remaining dates.



Step 6:
Print on your choice of paper.  I chose to print ours on recycled kraft paper for a bit of a different look.

Voila!  Now you have the easiest art print known to man.  Throw it in a frame for a finished look.

Total cost: $0

1 comment: