Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Multi-Use Christmas Banner

I know, I know.  It's only November.  But I love Christmas.  And I really love Christmas cards.  It is kind of my thing.  I love thinking of them, planning them, receiving them.  I just love them.  This is last year's card from our little family, and I love it.  We (trying to make it seem like my husband has any sort of interest) haven't chosen a design or photo for this year's card, but I love looking at this one for a couple of reasons.


1) My baby is so LITTLE!
2) I love that banner.

Maybe this is your family's year for a DIY banner card.  Here's a quick tutorial on how to make your own Merry Christmas banner for the holiday season.

What you'll need:

  • 1/3 yard of burlap
  • 1 spool of twine
  • Merry Christmas (or desired phrase) printed out on card stock in your desired font
  • Hot glue gun and refill glue sticks


Step 1: Cut out rectangles for your pennants.  Mine were 4" x 6" before the triangle cut out at the bottom.
Step 2: Make a triangle template, and trace it on the bottom of each flag.
Step 3: Cut out the triangles to make a pennant shape.
Step 4: Cut out card stock letters.  You may even be able to find them pre-cut at a craft store.
Step 5: Hot glue letters onto the flags
Step 6: Hot glue flags onto the twine.

When we were done with this banner for our Christmas card, I re-glued it into two sections and we used it as a decoration in our house.  Fun bonus!



No comments:

Post a Comment