Monday, January 5, 2015

Black and Gold 30th Birthday Party

Nobody loves a birthday like my sister.  And a few years ago, my favorite (and only) sister turned 30 on the 30th, which just happened to fall on a Saturday.  In the summer.  If you're like me, each piece of this puzzle is coming together in your head to create the same picture: an epic 30th birthday bash.  Her husband agreed, and we got to work creating a black and gold themed birthday party.  She was so excited to celebrate in style, and we all had a blast celebrating with her!



Ready to celebrate the birthday girl!  Guests dressed in black, she dressed in gold.



The cool event venue!  



The gift table featured a copy of the gold and black champagne bottle invitations, along with a photo of my sister celebrating her first birthday.



 My sister's friend made these adorable gold "30" cookies as favors.  They were delicious and beautiful!



Since the venue was relatively unmarked, I made this "30" sign out of foam board and spray painted it gold.  It was a helpful but chic way to signal to guests that they had arrived.  Like balloons, but for adults.


A few specialty cocktails for the birthday girl.



Round vases wrapped with black and gold paper, and decorated with more "30"s.



We scattered pictures of my sister on each one of her birthdays on each of the cocktail and banquet tables at the party.  A special thanks to my mom and dad for helping me find all of them!



Cupcakes covered with gold dusted sugar.



The birthday girl and her husband.



My brother-in-law created an awesome playlist for her party: one song from each year of her life.  It was super fun to have a variety of music (everyone had a favorite), and it was so thoughtful.



Party people!

Since this party was more minimalist than some of the other parties I've thrown, it was extra important to keep the black and gold theme in mind and bring it out in as many little ways as possible.  Little touches went a long way.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment