Monday, January 19, 2015

Seahawks are Superbowl Bound!

Man, what a fun weekend to be from Seattle!  Our hometown team, the Seattle Seahawks are headed to the Superbowl after a total nail-biter of a game yesterday.  I totally love Jermaine Kearse (I think he might be my spirit animal -- part Husky, part Seahawk), my daughter is obsessed with Russell Wilson (really, what's not to love?) and my husband is a fan of pretty much every player on the roster, so we are so happy for the team and can't wait to cheer them on to victory in a couple of weeks!

Yesterday, we had some family over to watch the NFC championship game.  Our menu was a little different from typical game day food, so I thought I would share it with you if you're looking for some fresh snack ideas for the big game.


This meal is healthier than most game day meals, but I definitely wouldn't call it diet food.  I made the brownies with pumpkin instead of oil and eggs, which reduced calories.  Have you started thinking about a Superbowl meal?  I'd love your ideas!

Oh, and of course, GO SEAHAWKS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment