Saturday, January 24, 2015

Post Holiday Mantle Decor

There is an unofficial rule in our house that Christmas should be packed away and done by New Year's Day.  There is something about Christmas trees after Christmas that cease to be magical, and are mostly just tacky.  I make an effort to get it all put away in a timely manner, so that we don't end up with a big mess on our hands after all the joy of the season has faded.

One thing that I don't always enjoy, however, is the blank canvas that is left behind.  Don't get me wrong, I love trying new things.  The real challenge lies in finding the time to get creative with what we already have.  A few days ago, I took 15 minutes to hunt around our house to come up with a new "late winter" mantle that is A) free! and B) attractive.  After moving things around, I'm pretty happy with how everything turned out.  



No price breakdown to report, because everything is being re-purposed from other spots in our home.  Next week, I'll be sharing another room in our home that I absolutely love.  I hope you'll check back on Monday for more inspiration!

PS - If you don't already follow me on Instagram, you should!  Lots of fun extras and glimpses of fun ideas, inspiration, and sneak peeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment