Monday, January 12, 2015

I really love my...kitchen.

Some people view the turn key appeal of new construction as ideal, others prefer the character of older houses.  My husband and I fall into the latter category, so we're currently living in a 1940s-era brick home.  For the most part we love it, but it doesn't always afford the opportunities that a newer home would.  One main difference in our older home is that our kitchen is not open to the rest of our home.  I'm sure we could make some adjustments and remove some walls so that we would have a more "open concept" kitchen/living room/dining room, but we would lose too much cabinet and counter space for that to be practical.  With those things in mind, we have made some design choices that we think really maximize the space available and make it feel open and bright.  We really love our kitchen, and I hope you do, too!



The kitchen is light and bright, just the way I like it!  If I had it to do all over again, I would choose a tile back splash that fills the space between the counter and the upper cabinets.  Even without a decorative back splash, I still love it.



My new "breakfast bar".  A great place to grab a quick bite in the morning.  I got a Keurig for Christmas...here's hoping it helps me cut back on my coffee addiction ;)




Disclaimer: Our counter is rarely this clean.


My desk!  Now you can imagine me here writing blog posts late at night, after my toddler is asleep.


Breakfast nook.  Note, this usually has a clip on booster seat at all times ;)

What rooms in your house do you absolutely love?  Can't wait to hear from you about the spaces that make you happy to be at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment